Nominations Invited: PSi Manifesto Lexicon Officer
The board of Performance Studies international (PSi) seeks expressions of interest to the position of Manifesto Lexicon Officer. This board member will serve for three conference cycles—PSi#25 in 2019 (Calgary, Canada); PSi#26 in 2020 (Rijeka, Croatia); and PSi#26 in 2021 (TBD)—with organisational work to begin immediately upon appointment. The new board member will join existing board members in regular collaborative work on projects, events, and opportunities with the purpose of increasing the visibility and institutional presence of PSi. The board meets in person every year at the annual conference and is otherwise in regular contact through digital means.
Nominees must be:
- Current PSi Members;
- Available for regular online meetings and project updates (most times of the year, this means responding to email and other messages; however, during busy times, this can entail regular Skype meetings);
- Committed to diversifying performance studies and building a wide network of scholars and artists.
About the PSi Manifesto Lexicon:
The PSi Manifesto Lexicon is an ongoing project of the Performance Studies international (PSi) organization, aiming to create an online multi-lingual lexicon as a manifesto of critical discourse. It aims to multiply our perspectives and understandings of what Performance Studies is. It is particularly interested in discourses that emerge in different cultural frames and environments.
For more information about the project, please visit http://www.psi-web.org/about/psi-manifesto-lexicon/
Position description and duties:
- Work with the President and the Board to support the mission of PSi;
- Oversee and take responsibility for the further development of the PSi Manifesto Lexicon (together with the editorial board), for example expansion of the number of entries, new strategies of collecting and producing them;
- Invest (together with the editorial board) in promoting the Lexicon and ways of using the Lexicon;
- Update the online platform on a regular basis.
For more information about PSi, please visit http://www.psi-web.org/
Candidates can self-nominate for this position and should send a cv, a 1-page application letter explaining what the candidate might bring to the position, and a letter of reference to the Secretary, Eero Laine (eero.email [atmark] gmail.com). The deadline is March 22, 2019. A successful candidate will be immediately appointed to the board.