Nominations Invited: Working Groups Officer
The Board of Performance Studies international (PSi) seeks expressions of interest to the position of Working Groups Officer. This board member will serve for three conference cycles—PSi#25 in 2019 (Calgary, Canada); PSi#26 in 2020 (Rijeka, Croatia); and PSi#26 in 2021 (TBD)—with organisational work to begin immediately upon appointment. The new board member will join existing board members in regular collaborative work on projects, events, and opportunities with the purpose of increasing the visibility and institutional presence of PSi. The board meets in person every year at the annual conference and is otherwise in regular contact through digital means.
Nominees must be:
- Current PSi Members;
- Available for regular online meetings and project updates (most times of the year, this means responding to email and other messages; however, during busy times, this can entail regular Skype meetings);
- Committed to diversifying performance studies and building a wide network of scholars and artists.
Position description and duties:
- Maintain contact with representatives of various working groups, answer questions, and keep track of working groups activity and updates;
- Liaise between working groups, the board, and the annual conference organizer;
- Maintain and update working groups information on PSi website, keep and develop information regarding the working groups on the website and/or other webpage functions in collaboration with Website Officer;
- Prior to the annual conference, facilitate organization of working groups sessions with the conference organizer;
- Advise and handle proposals for new working groups for board review; and
- Develop ways to facilitate horizontal sharing and exchange among working groups, based on needs and interests.
For more information about PSi, please visit http://www.psi-web.org/
Candidates can self-nominate for this position and should send a cv, a 1-page application letter explaining what the candidate might bring to the position, and a letter of reference to the Secretary, Eero Laine (eero.email [atmark] gmail.com). The deadline is March 22, 2019. A successful candidate will be immediately appointed to the board.