Open Board Position: Vice President
Take a leadership role in your organization
The board of Performance Studies international (PSi) seeks to appoint an established scholar to the position of Vice President. This new board member will serve for three conference cycles—PSi#25 in 2019; PSi#26 in 2020; and PSi#26 in 2021—with organizational work to begin in July 2018. The new board member will join existing board members in regular collaborative work on projects, events, and opportunities with the purpose of increasing the visibility and institutional presence of PSi. The board meets in person every year at the annual conference and is otherwise in regular contact through digital means.
Nominees must be:
- current PSi Members;
- available for regular online meetings and project updates (most times of the year, this means
responding to email and other messages; however, during busy times, this can entail regular
- committed to diversifying performance studies and building a wide network of scholars and
Position description: Vice President
- The Vice President will work with the President and the Board to support the mission of PSi.
- In the absence of the President, or in the event of his or her inability or refusal to act, the
Vice President shall perform all the duties of the President, and when so acting shall have all the powers of, and be subject to all the restrictions on, the President. The Vice President shall have other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by law, by the Articles of Incorporation, or by these Bylaws, or as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors.
- The Vice President has a responsibility to take the lead on the development and facilitation of future conferences. To this end, the Vice President will engage PSi members in conversations about the important role that conferences play in supporting the mission of PSi. They will broadly be familiar with the practicalities of conference management and will be able to speak to conference hosts about the advantages of hosting a conference for a local organization and/or university department. While all decisions about conferences are made by the PSi Board, the Vice President has an important role in future conference planning and bringing information about possible conference hosts to the Board’s attention.
- At the direction of the President, the Vice President will serve on an Executive Board and be available for periodic skype meetings between the annual board meeting.
For more information about PSi, please visit http://www.psi-web.org/
Candidates can self-nominate for this position and should send a cv, a 1-page application letter explaining what the candidate might bring to the position, and a letter of reference to the Secretary, Eero Laine (eero.email [atmark] gmail.com). The deadline is May 15, 2018. A successful candidate will be immediately appointed to the board.