Open Board Position: Archivist
Take a leadership role in your organization
The board of Performance Studies international (PSi) seeks to appoint an Archivist to the Board of Directors. This new board member will serve for three conference cycles—PSi#25 in 2019; PSi#26 in 2020; and PSi#26 in 2021—with organizational work to begin in July 2018. The new board member will join existing board members in regular collaborative work on projects, events, and opportunities with the purpose of increasing the visibility and institutional presence of PSi. The board meets in person every year at the annual conference and is otherwise in regular contact through digital means.
Nominees must be:
- current PSi members;
- available for regular online meetings and project updates (most times of the year, this means
responding to email and other messages; however, during busy times, this can entail regular
- committed to diversifying performance studies and building a wide network of scholars and
The Archivist of Performance Studies international:
- Engages in close collaboration with the President and Secretary of PSi and the PSi Board of Directors;
- Collects, curates, and protects print, digital, and other materials related to PSi and its conferences for archival purposes;
- Collects, curates, and protects oral history material related to PSi for archival purposes;
- Liaises with donors and potential donors of archival material; with supervisors of physical
archival spaces; and with oral history participants;
- Establishes and maintains processes for PSi members to access and utilize archival material,
for example via the website.
For more information about PSi, please visit http://www.psi-web.org/
Candidates can self-nominate for this position and should send a cv, a 1-page application letter explaining what the candidate might bring to the position, and a letter of reference to the Secretary, Eero Laine (eero.email [atmark] gmail.com). The deadline is May 15, 2018. A successful candidate will be immediately appointed to the board.