Psi 21 explores a distributed model of a global conference. For more information:www.fluidstates.org.
Would you like to know more about performance studies, paradigms and practices beyond your own backyard? Would you like to present your work to a global audience of artists, scholars, activists and communities? Bosnia? Ethiopia? Rarotonga? Beyond?
In 2015, Performance Studies international (PSi) presents PSi #21 Fluid States: Performances of UnKnowing, a decentralized conference which – instead of inviting participants to a single location – invites them to participate live or online in local conference, symposium and performance programs across Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas and the Pacific throughout the year –
- Panama: Isthmus/Zone/Canal, Panama, Panama City, January 2015
- Crossing Boundaries: East Africa Home/Security, Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, February 2015
- Rethinking Labour & The Creative Economy, India, New Dehli, February 2015
- Four Faces of Omarska, Bosnia, Prijedor, March 2015
- Deep Anatomy, Bahamas, Dean’s Blue Hole Long Island, April 2015
- Aural Lighthouses, Greece, Santorini, May 2015
- Fluid States North, Greenland, Nuuk; Faroe Islands, Torshavn; Denmark, Copenhagen, June 2015
- Fluid States of Europeanness, Romania, Cluj, July 2015
- Moana Hurihanga: Sea Change, Cook Islands, Rarotonga, July 2015
- Beyond Contamination, Japan, Tohoku, August 2015
- Performing Turtle Island, Canada, Montreal, September 2015
- Trans-Montreal, Canada, Montreal, September 2015
- Movement forms of an Island Continent, Australia, Melbourne, October 2015
- Sa Tagilid na Yuta: On Tilted Earth, Philippines, Manilla, November 2015
- In-flux, In-stability, In-sensitivity, Lebanon, Beirut, December 2015
The dramaturgical device that connects the locations in PSi#21 Fluid States is an oceanic metaphor. Each local cluster is an island, which creates a vessel to send an item –image, text, artefact or performance – to dock at other islands, who then engage with it as part of their own live and online activities.
An online news platform called the Log, after a ship’s log or diary, will make these items, together with other provocations, papers, panels and performances from each location’s events, available to PSi’s worldwide community of scholars, artists, activists and students.
Artists, scholars, activists, students and community members can participate in one or more of the PSi #21 Fluid States programs as a presenter, panellist or performer, or as a correspondent presenting the outcomes of an artistic/research residency at the program locations on the Log, or as a combination of both.
Those interested in participating can visit the Log at www.fluidstates.org, where calls for presenters, panellists, performers and correspondents are now available.
Those interested in joining the Log’s news list to stay up-to-date with programs, participation opportunities, publication opportunities and more can write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those wanting discuss the form their participation might take further before submitting their proposal can contact the location convenors listed on the Log, or the PSi #21 Fluid States central convenors at email@example.com.